Monday, June 9, 2008

Century & Little Red Riding Hood


I participated in the Little Red Riding Hood century bike ride (which was actually 102 miles) with my friend Lori. It was my first Century ride and I loved it!! We started in Wellsville (near Logan, UT) and rode up to Preston, Idaho (home to Napolean Dynamite) and returning to the start.

The scenery was amazing the air quality was excellent except while riding past the cow pastures. We got rained on during lunch only drizzle through out the day. It was colder than I was expecting but an awesome ride!!

Before the rain




















After the ride (notice the beautiful mountains)




















I really like road biking now and I would love to do more rides.

TIP: If you want to ride with a friend make sure you train to ride the same pace. There is a big difference between 12 mph and 15 mph, one hour and 40 minutes worth of a difference in finishing times.

off to find another event........


4 comments:

Cathy said...

Looks beautiful! I'm glad that you had a fun time.

Steven & Adrienne said...

How fun and really far...way to go! I am glad you had a great time.

Andrea said...

Awesome Sara!! I had no idea you did that! I am so impressed!

brookeisacrazylady said...

that is awesome! did you butt hurt?

That is super cool