My Aunt shared with me a crock pot recipe for Apple Butter. We love it!! I may need to purchase an apple peeler and corer. I'm thinking about the one from Williams - Sonoma, any suggestions?
5 1/2 pounds of apple, cored and peeled
4 c sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp salt
cook one hour on high then 9-11 hours on low
pour mixture in the blender to puree
cook 1 hour with lid off to firm up
pour into containers and enjoy!!
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Ryan has grown and changed so much!!
- still loves sucking his hands
- great at sucking his thumb (unfortunately), really likes to stick his aden and anais blanket on his thumb then put it in his mouth for better sucking
- making lots of noises and sounds, especially in the afternoon and evening
- still is a great sleeper, usually 11-12 hours with no wake-ups & is still great at coming to bed with me, in the morning, when I need some extra sleep
- love it while nursing he pauses to smile at me then continues nursing
- likes to kick, his crib bumpers, his play mat bars, even your legs if you sit on the floor next to him
- still loves sleeping on his side and moves around in his crib a lot
- laughs and smiles a lot
- loves holding our fingers
- we love our regular beach trips with Drew and Eva!!
Posted by Unhappy Customer at 9:34 PM
Friday, September 9, 2011
We had to visit bahama bucks, my favorite shave ice outside of Hawaii!! (I should of taken a picture.)
We stayed with Allen's parents (who flew in from Houston) in a two bedroom/bath condo in Scottsdale. We walked around Old Town Scottsdale, not recommended in 110 degree weather. Allen's grandparents came over and met Ryan.
Allen, Ryan and I went swimming in the evening. It was great going swimming in the evening and the water was a warm bath tub and getting out it was still a warm 90 degrees, no getting cold in AZ!!
On Sunday Allen was ordained as a High Priest by his dad, so he can get set apart as part of our High Council for our stake (the main reason for the trip).
Ryan did great during the car trip. He was a little fussy coming home in the evening but once Allen climbed in the back to sit next to him, he was a happy passenger.
Posted by Unhappy Customer at 4:00 PM
Thursday, September 8, 2011
When I was pregnant, we purchased a travel zoo groupon for a 40 minute instructional flight plus one passenger for $89. We decided it was a great deal for Allen to fly the plane while I rode with them. We dropped Ryan off with one of my favorite young women, Alyssa, that was home for the summer from BYU (plus she lives 10 minutes from the Van Nuys airport). Ryan did great with his first paid babysitter and Allen is hoping that we have lots of extra cash in the future to pay for his pilot license!!
Ronald Regan Library - Can you find the F-14??
Allen got to fly for an hour because they were filming a commercial (camera men in the other plane).
Posted by Unhappy Customer at 10:59 PM
Saturday, September 3, 2011
My brother's family came to CA from my grandma's 90th birthday. We were able to visit with them in Avila Beach and enjoy my sister Lisa's family too.
I wasn't very good at taking pictures of everything we did but we enjoyed the Avila Farm, Pismo Beach Park, The Paso Fair, the beach, Morro Bay (including the shell shop, aquarium, and giovanni's) and the last night bonfire on the beach. We had a blast with everyone; Allen's highlight was going squirrel shooting with my crazy brother and dad.
Posted by Unhappy Customer at 9:28 PM