Friday, November 7, 2008

Tolerance


Tolerance should be a two way street not a one way tyranny.

What are you protesting? What do you expect to happen from your protesting? Why are you protesting my right to vote? Why do you complain that too many blacks voted? Why are you complaining that LDS people are generous and donated too much money? You can donate just as much us. Why didn't you open your wallets and donate? (The LDS church only donated $2,078.97 to refund expenses. )

LDS members only make up 2% of the state population but you can blame us for Prop 8 passing. We are powerful!!

I would like to ask every person that is protesting outside my temple how much money the donated to the No on 8 campaign? Why didn't they donate more money? Do they protest the mormons that donated to the No campaign, such as the $50,000 Steve Young's wife donated?

Stop fighting my right to vote and my freedom of religion. If you want to protest, go to Compton, Inglewood and Watts, complain that to many blacks voted!!

BTW I didn't plan on saying anything more about Prop 8 but the reaction is ridiculous.

I saw this photo on a news site and I think it looks awesome!!


P.S. Fight to change domestic partnership laws to be equal to marriage, just don't force my church to perform same-sex marriages.

10 comments:

Cathy said...

I just saw on the news how protesters and Mormons got into it outside of the Temple in West Hollywood. How tacky. I love how it's okay for these No on 8 nutjobs to tear down Yes on 8 signs, spit at the supporters, and yell in their faces. Oh, but those who voted Yes are the intolerant ones! I'm so sick of it all. Makes you wonder what would have happened if Obama didn't win. I can tell you: Lots of rioting. Lots of idiots destroying their own cities and towns. Morons.

Paula said...

Those of us who are parents are all to familiar with cries of "It's not FAIR!" Usually, it means "I don't like it". It seems to me a lot of adults right now are demonstrating the maturity level of a 3-year-old.

Amber said...

Don't you think, in a very small way, that it's kind of cool? Sort of flattering even, for them to think that we have that much control. I say, "Bring it on! Come see if we'll crumble, just try and beat us down." You know, last days and all.

What's not cool is that the temple had to shut down it was so bad...all those people waiting for their work to be done had to wait longer for these idiots.

Nathan and Emily said...

Yesterday when I was coming home from the airport the traffic on the freeway had a SIG alert because of the protesters in the area who started at the temple. On the radio I heard that a Mormon woman had come out and was passing out cake to the demonstrators. She wanted them to know that it wasn't about hating gays/lesbians just preserving marriage.
What a wonderful thing for her to do. Made me think of Brooke!

brookeisacrazylady said...

okay, i just want to know why they weren't protesting BEFORE the election was over? what good does it do now. Talk about hate...those signs were hateful.

seriously sarah, you said it just how i feel. and i agree with all the comments.

Anonymous said...

In a democracy, the results of a fair election should be respected and no one should be singled out for attack because they are exercising their core civil right to speak, vote, or donate to the cause of their choice. Nonetheless, the "tolerance" movement is on the move and democracy as well as individual citizens are the targets.

Anonymous said...

Whatever happened to the old adage, I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

Anonymous said...

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -- Albert Einstein

Anonymous said...

http://www.ldsmag.com/ideas/images/prop8Vandal/latemple_0009.jpg

Andrea said...

I look up to all you California Mormons and all that you have stood up for... THanks for being so strong!!