Sunday, March 10, 2013

Tyler's Birth

Tyler's birth was drastically different and easier than Ryan's. At the end of February, I was having lots of braxton hicks and I was worried I wouldn't make it until March but I made to double digits, March 10th!! I started labor on Sunday morning around 6 am. Allen went to his morning church meetings until I texted him asking him to come home. Allen took care of Ryan until my sister, Lisa, came to pick him up at 3:30 pm. We left for the hospital at 4 pm, I wanted an epidural and couldn't take much more.

I was dilated to 3 cm at my doctors appointment the Friday prior. When I was checked in I was at 4 cm and assigned a mid wife along with a nurse. I got my epidural by 6 pm and I was at 5 cm by 7 pm, when my first nurse went home. I was checked again at 8 pm and I was already at 10 cm!! At 8:45 I did a "practice" push then an hour later started pushing! After less than an hour of pushing, Tyler was born at 10:28 pm. It was so much nicer having my water break during labor at the hospital instead of while I'm at work.

I was so shocked and surprised that everything went to smoothly with no tearing. While I was pushing I kept wondering when they were going to tell me to I needed a cesarean. I was so relieved that my body worked and that everything went so smoothly. My first nurse predicted that I would be done by 2 am, when she visited me the next day she was shocked that it went so fast. My epidural was a lot smoother this time too, I had no pain but I could move my legs. The anesthesiologist got the epidural right the first time and didn't have to do it twice like with Ryan. The epidural still made me sick , throwing up after delivery and the next day.

I was home from the hospital less than 24 hours after delivery. I had no complications and neither did Tyler, so we asked to go home the next day instead of waiting until Tuesday.

We love our little boy!!


My mid wife and nurse.....yep no MD in the room. 











5 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa Chambers said...

Sara you and Allen sure make cute babies. Glad this was an easier delivery. Tyler looks beautiful.

Mary said...

Love all the pictures. I bet Allen put the books and toys in Tyler's little bed. So happy that your delivery was so much easier. Cant wait to hear how baby #3 delivery goes!

Unknown said...

Fun to see hospital pics! And intrigued to see pics of a baby just born on your chest! I'm concerned this baby will be too big to pass as I'm measuring larger than I did with mike. It's leaning towards a c-section for me. Boo!!!

Becky and Brian said...

Cute pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Cathy said...

Tyler is so adorable! Congrats again, I'm glad that you got to experience a vaginal delivery, and that it went well. :)