Thursday, May 15, 2008

Revlon Breast Cancer Awareness 5K

This was my mom's second year participating in the Revlon Breast Cancer Awareness 5K. My mom really enjoys going and talking to other survivors and getting all the free stuff at the expo.

This year we were near at the beginning of the run and it is really crowded when you first start. My mom and I lost each other immediately, I told her to hold my hand and she let go (just like a little kid). I found her before the first mile (not by much). I ran up ahead and figured she couldn't be this far, so I waited on the sidelines to see her past, figured she can't be this far back so I walked/ran and spotted her. We had a great time and I was surprised she didn't fall asleep before we got home (she fell asleep last year in less than 5 minutes of being in the car).

It was great and we're looking forward to it next year.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Sara, I did not know that you were a runner!! How great to run with a great cause. :)

Stimpy#1fan said...

I went to a cancer jog like that a couple of weeks ago. It was fun, but when we did were there it was a little hot.