Monday, February 9, 2009

overdue


I haven't posted in a log time because I haven't uploaded pictures.

My brother and his family came down for New Year's Week and we had a blast at Avila Beach (picture stolen from Mary's blog). I really enjoyed my time with family and all the fun we had. It was the first time my family has ever gotten together and there was no TV. I like it a lot without the TV!!

I was sad to leave even though I was going home to attend the Rose Parade and the Rose Bowl Game (friends with hook ups are an added bonus). I almost didn't make it to the parade because my car over heated but I made it to the Metro parking lot and left for the parade and game. A friend met me at the parking lot with coolant and my car is fine (it had a crack that caused it to leak).

I've had several amazing beach days in January. It has been so much fun to go to the beach when it isn't crowded and enjoy the sunshine.

I've been running a lot lately and I'm up to 8 miles........I'm running a half marathon in March, which 13 miles.

I leave this weekend for Cozumel, Mexico and I'm meeting several college friends. It'll be so much fun to snorkel and dive in warm water!! I'm also excited to see Chichen Itza which is one of the new seven wonders of the world!!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Hey Sara, we are excited to see you! Great job on running 8 miles, let's run in Cozumel!

Burdick Family said...

Sara it has been forever! I am glad to hear that you are doing well. Have fun in Mexico we will be in Maui for 2 weeks!

Steven & Adrienne said...

Wow how much fun! I am jeolous of the beach, I wish it was warm enough just to hang out outside for longer than 10 minutes. And have fun in Mexico!

Anonymous said...

Have fun with your college friends but be careful in Mexico. Take care of yourself.