Wednesday, July 29, 2009

First Day in Berlin

My spelling is going to be even worst because of the different keyboards, at least I now have an excuse!! I can't upload pictures because there isn't a USB port. I visited the Brandenburg Gate, Museum Island, German History Muesum with lots of walking!!

They have cobblestones marking the spot were the wall once stood. It's so bizzare to see the huge difference between the east and west sides of Berlin.

I enjoyed the Memorial to the Murdered Jews with huge column blocks symbolizing all the Jews that were killed. I learned the the Roma's (Gypsy's) along with another group were also targeted. Jews from as far away as Greece were taken to concentration camps.

I'll tour the Reichstag Parilment Building this morning and do a lot of the wall sites including Checkpoint Charlie.

4 comments:

Mary said...

how cool. i am glad you updated your blog so we could hear what you are up to!!

Cathy said...

Very cool!!! Have fun!

Lorianne said...

Guten Tag! Wish I was there...then maybe for once I could pull my own weight in the language department and use my awesome German skills.

Mom said...

Another interesting day in Berlin. How is the keyboard different?