Thursday, July 30, 2009

Walling It

Yesterday I did the wall sites, including Checkpoint Charlie, the Museum and Topography of Terror. Only a small segment of the wall is left, which which was blocked off because of the construction on the Topography of Terror. The wall has lots of holes with rebar showing through. It was amaying learning how quickly the wall went up and the creative ways people used to try to escape.

I also went to Jewish Museum and learned that the Jews have were kicked out of most European countries were persecuted during most of European History. Most of the Jews settled in Eastern and Northern Europe where they were harrassed a lot less.

I took the train out to the Olympic Stadium, which was cool to see.

One my first day I had a currywurst which is like spiced wieners, a ketchup sauce with curry spice.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Very interesting. A lot of history.