Thursday, December 2, 2010

It's a BOY!!

I'm 4 1/2 months pregnant and due on May 2nd!!!

It took us less than 30 days to get pregnant. We had no idea that we're as fertile as 20 year olds when we look a lot older!! We took a home pregnancy test and it said positive. The Monday prior to the test I noticed our dog, Hobo, was acting extra protective of me. I went to Kaiser to take the pregnancy test a week after I missed my period the test came back negative. We were shocked but the same thing happened to a friend from work that is due in January. We returned the following week and it was positive.

I was shocked to find out that once I'm pregnant they add several weeks to my pregnancy. It has gone by so fast. I've had about three weeks when I would get extra exhausted, nauseated and sick in the evening. I only threw up once. Most of the time I feel good and I go to bed a lot earlier than normal. Some nights I fall asleep as early as 8:30 otherwise my normal bedtime is 9:30. I'm feeling better now in my second trimester but I still get sick, just less nausea.

I've been sick several times with nausea and with two UTI's. I've never have been as sick as I am now being pregnant. I'm normally really healthy with lots of energy but with this pregnancy. I've learned to depend on my husband a lot to get things done and to help me.

I have no idea which baby products we need to get, so if you have any suggestions, let us know.

8 comments:

Mary said...

How fun a little boy. Can't wait to see his personality. I will put a little together and email you my favorite baby stuff.

Becky and Brian said...

Congratulations! May is a perfect month! Little boys are so cute!

brookeisacrazylady said...

Congrats on a boy. Boys love their mama! My first test was negative with Luke too and I have never taken another at home pregnancy test because of it.

Burdick Family said...

Congrats Sara!!!! We are so excited for you guys! You will be a great mommy! You will want a big comfy lazy boy to feed him in especially at night! Lots of onesies and diapers! You will have so much fun!

Cathy said...

Yay I'm glad you put up a ticker!!! It is fun seeing how much time you have left. I can't wait to meet my nephew, boys are so much fun! Get ready to be peed on a lot. Also, those mittens that are supposed to prevent newborns from scratching never work, they always fall off. I got a bunch of gowns and sleepers with attached mittens, those are the BEST. Or I used socks, those stayed on. I am excited for you and I'm excited that our kids will be close in age!

Mom and Dad said...

We hope you will feel better soon. We can't wait to meet our grandson.

Steven & Adrienne said...

That is so exciting!! You will make such a great mom and I hope you feel better soon. It is amazing how much pregnancy will take out of you. As for things to get for the baby, I will have to sit down and make a list of things that I have found very handy and email it to you! Congrats again on being a fertile myrtle!!! ;)

Eva and Jared said...

I'm so glad we are having boys so close together! It will be fun:)