Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Head Banging


We spent our first two night before flying to Maui, at the Renaissance near LAX. On Sunday, we went to our house to open gifts with Allen's family and his mom dropped us off at the hotel and we took the hotel shuttle to the airport on Monday morning. 


Sunday night I got up from bed to use the restroom around 11:30pm. I had a really bad pain in my stomach and I passed out on the toilet. On the way to the floor I hit my head on the sink counter and then on the floor. I screamed after hitting my head and woke up on the floor with my underwear pulled down staring at my husband. 


We didn't know what caused me to pass out but I didn't want to go the ER because we had a flight in the morning to catch!!! I slept all night with an ice pack on my head so the instant bump that developed wouldn't get larger. 


Monday evening in Maui I was still concerned about my head and what caused me to pass out. I called the Kaiser Ask a Nurse and she told me to go to the hospital that night, don't wait for tomorrow to go. We drove to Maui Memorial and we were in and out in 1 1/2 hours with a CT Scan. I have a brain (with butterflies) and nothing wrong. Your body has vagus nerves and one near my butt was triggered that caused me to pass out (this is all probably too much information but it's funny too me, btw I wasn't constipated).


Bathroom at the Marriott:






Me with my ice pack, made from a zip lock and wrapped in a wash cloth  (with blue taffy for comfort):







My brain:


I requested a copy of my CT Scan and when we got home Allen explained the different images and saw what an angel I am!!!

6 comments:

Mary said...

That is scary, but I am glad you are ok. I can only imagine what Allen was thinking. Only 24 hours after being married, and finding you passed out on the bathroom flor, he was probably thinking "Uh, my wife is crazy!" Funny but scarty!

Amber said...

LOL, I have so many things I'd like to say, but none of them are public-content appropriate so I'll keep them to myself. But I'm laughing my head off! Btw, I am glad you're okay :) Hahahaha, I'm sorry, I can't stop laughing! lol

Mom and Dad said...

We are so happy you are OK. That must of been a terrible experience. That's the second time you had you head xrayed. Your have the most memorable honeymoon ever.

Cathy said...

I'm glad you're okay!!! I was barfing the entire night before and morning of our honeymoon (food poisoning), so it must be a family thing. Makes for an interesting memory! Also, I'm sure that experience gave you and Allen a reality check about marriage! Just wait until you're in labor. ;) And tell him to keep the toilet seat down.

Mom and Dad said...

Sara we were thinking how lucky you were that you did not get hurt worse. Do you still have a bump on your head? Where was the bump on your head? Did you get a bruise? On your CT Scan they did not use your married name. We are so glad you are OK. Do you think you need a second opinion?

Andrea said...

Glad you are ok Sara! What a way to start a honey moon!!