Saturday, March 15, 2008

First Day - Arrived at the Honolulu Airport

Leaving LAX took a long time. I found out when I checked my bag that the flight was delayed by 2 1/2 hours, I wish I knew that when I was at home!! I had to change my car rental to starting on Sunday and find a new way to my hotel. Enterprise closed at 10pm and our flight didn't land until 10:35pm. While I was waiting in line to check in I became friends with the couple in front of me, from Missouri. We were laughing at this group of people that packed everything, including a coffee pot as a carry on item (my mom is even a better packer than they were)!! While we were waiting for our luggage in Honolulu the lady, Marsha, gave me her business card because she was concerned that I was traveling by myself and she wanted me to have someone to call if I need anything.

ATA, my airline, gave me a $7 food voucher for airport food and I decided to upgrade my seat to business class. I was very glad that I upgraded and I enjoyed the additional space for sleeping. I slept for over half the flight, even though it was not the most comfortable position. I checked into the Waikiki Beachside Hostel without any problem. The late flight didn't cause too many problems except for my car rental and having to pay transportation to take me back to the airport to get my rental car. (I tried having my car reservation changed to the local Waikiki location but they said it was too low of a price for them to honor and I could pay $20 more a night if I wanted to go with them.)

1 comment:

Carlos Fuentes said...

Hi ms.chambers hope ur having fun in hawaii that really sucks that ur flight got delayed and all that. Any have fun in hawaii. :)