Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Flying Home

I called ATA to see if I can take an earlier direct flight to LAX instead of my scheduled flight to Oakland than LAX. I didn't get on the earlier flight, the stand by list was too long. I took my regular flight to Oakland than got on an earlier flight to LAX. After we took off from Oakland we started to smell sulfur from something burning. The passenger on my left and I looked at each other to see if we were both smelling the same thing. The steward announced that we are going to turn back to Oakland to find out the source of the smell. The lady in front of me paged the steward and told her that it was her. She had matches in her purse and they ignited when we took off. I was shocked, after spending all the time to be searched (I was patted down and everything was taken out of my bag earlier) and they didn't take her matches that could ignite. You would think that items that could ignite on their own would be band instead of our small water bottles (If drink the water, I can take the bottle with me because a water bottle with water in it is dangerous but when it is empty it is just a bottle to put water into).

I was glad that I landed without incident but would of loved to stay in Hawaii for a lot longer. I'm tired and I need to pack for girls camp starting tomorrow morning. I'm tired.....

1 comment:

Steven & Adrienne said...

You're going to girls camp in March?? We still have snow in the camping areas! I wish I could go camping right now. Hope you have fun at girl's camp!