Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Waimea Falls and Polynesian Cultural Center

I woke early again (the theme of my trip early to rise, late to bed). I can sleep when I get home after girls camp. I went to Waimiea Valley and hiked to the Waimeia Falls which didn't open until 9am and it was before 7am. The janitor was cruising around emptying the trash cans in his golf cart and didn't seem to mind, so I started hiking. The janitor and I raced up to the falls and I enjoyed the beauty around me. At the falls you are able to go swimming but since I have other plans for the the day I didn't go swimming. When I got back down to the parking lot a family was waiting
until 9am to go hiking and swimming. I was glad that the workers didn't care that I was there and there was no one to collect the park entrance fee. I left and headed over to BYU Hawaii.



I went to the devotional with Duane, new friend met the night before, the topic was riding the waves of life with lots of surfing stories. The speaker, a BYU professor, commented about Jesus walking on water to surfing, how else do you walk on water?! We met up with his friend, Dave from Brazil and we went to the Polynesian Cultural Center to purchase my ticket. I was so excited!!

Duane ended up changing his plane ticket and going to PCC, without any encouragement from me. We went back purchased his ticket, went to the Visitor Center to get my camcorder that I left to be charged and we went to PCC. The ticket package I purchased included a group guided tour. I really enjoyed the PCC and could of spent another day doing the activities that we didn't have time to do as a group. The PCC showcases the differences between seven different Polynesian islands, which includes presentations and activities. It was very well organized and it had the feeling of a little Disneyland. After the tour we went to the Luau and enjoyed the food and entertainment. After the Luau we went to the Horizons show at the ampitheater and enjoyed the dancing from each of the islands.



I started to head back to Waikiki to catch my plane the next morning. I was getting more tired as I was driving along the coast that I eventually pulled over to a nice neighborhood and I slept in my rental car. I slept really well because I was so exhausted and I didn't want to wake up in the morning.

1 comment:

Steven & Adrienne said...

Sounds like nice guys. It must have fun going to the PCC. Maybe one day I will get there