Sunday, May 23, 2010

Got Postage??

My friend Eva along with others have made comments about blogging more. I said people don't want to know about wedding planning and baseball games. She assured me they do!! So here is my first wedding planning post!!

Things have gone really smoothly and we've done all of our taste testing!! I've gotten really good ideas from friends and family as well as lots of help, especially the days before!!

I'm really annoyed at the Post Office. I went to buy all the stamps for the invitations, we were told 61 cents per invitation. We took the invitations stuffed, labeled and stamped to the post office for mailing. We were told that it was $1.05 to mail an invitation to Canada, no problem paid and sent.

Two days later we went back to buy a couple more stamps and send last minute addresses and were told it was a $1.05 for U.S. addresses....what?? We just mailed 200+ invitations with only 61 cents!! Most people seem to have gotten their invitations with no problem but a few people have postage due.....very frustrating when we did everything correctly.


Let me know if you received your invitation with or without postage due.


We got some help stuffing the envelopes!!

I'm so embarrassed to make people pay for postage with our wedding invitations.

6 comments:

Amber said...

I think it's a conspiracy and they try to make extra money off of brides and grooms-to-be. They did the exact same thing to us! Seriously. Don't let it stress you out, you have plenty of other things to stress about!

Burdick Family said...

We got ours yesterday no postage due! Such a cute pic! Have fun with everything else.

Mary said...

I agree with Eva. I noticed how you have been blogging more and i like it too! And I love hearing all about the wedding details!! Keep them coming! We cant wait for your big day, and I like hearing about it all.
I know that is so annoying with the postage, but it is kindof funny. We have not gotten our invitation yet...hopefully tomorrow!

brookeisacrazylady said...

ahhhh! I missed your blog. mine got here fine. you guys are so cute. can't wait to meet Allen.

Tell Eva she should get a blog too! Or does she have one already?

Christin said...

So glad you updated your blog! Love the picture of you and Allen. Can't wait to meet him and see you! Good luck with everything.

Mom and Dad said...

Don't worry about the postage Sara. 44 cents never hurt any one. We like you writing on your blog also. Good picture of us stuffing the invitations. That was fun. Can't wait till July 10.