Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Manta Rays

manta rays prior during sunset dive:


close up manta ray:


Today I'm going diving with the Manta Rays. I'll do a dive before sunset and then one at night. For the night dive I'll go to the bottom and stay there while the manta rays swim all around. The rays don't bite and are filter animals. I'm really excited and looking forward the the dive.

The Manta Ray dive was amazing. I did a two tank dive; on the dive before sunset we saw several manta rays. When we went out for the night dive it was a amazing. We sat on the floor around the "fire pit" with everyone's lights shining up. The plankton are attracted to the light and manta rays come by to eat the plankton. They were amazing. Twelve different 10 foot manta rays were swimming over our heads and grazing the tops. They would flip and turn above our heads. It was so amazing that I decided the buy the video of them swimming over me to be able to share the experience.

Not my dive but a sample:

No comments: