Sunday, August 31, 2008

Thoughts


I finally uploaded pictures to my blog entries from Hawaii (I had over 1,000 pictures; I'm too embarrassed to say the actual number). I had an awesome time meeting people and traveling with no commitments or responsibilities (more on that later). I would definitely do it again. I am so thankful that I had the time, funds and opportunity to go exploring on my own. I really enjoyed the days and times that I had cool people to hang out with and take pictures of me!!

Here is the conversation I had with my niece, Emily who is seven years old:

Em: Why are you wearing a wedding ring?
Me: It's not a wedding ring, just a ring I bought for myself?
Em: Why aren't you married Sara?? Wait, have you graduated from college?
Me: I have graduated from college and I haven't met someone I want to marry.

I then told her that I was 25 years old and she said her dad was a lot older than me. Her dad would be proud of her asking if I graduated from college prior to getting married.

The conversation made me laugh and lately I've been asked why I'm not married. I was asked by someone in Hawaii that is 5 1/2 years younger than me why I haven't gotten married; I'm used to being asked by older divorced guys or married couples but a college kid and my niece!! I really enjoy my life but I might need to consider marriage more seriously. I do want to have kids some day but 3 weeks with no commitments was awesome!!Maybe I just need to be more seriously minded and less nonchalant. Any suggestions?? I definitely won't get married just to be married (getting married is easy, having an awesome relationship and be married takes a lot of work).

4 comments:

brookeisacrazylady said...

your vacation sounds so awesome that i want to cry for you for being back.

on the marriage front, my own off the cuff assessment is when i realized that i was looking at most people marriages 10 to 20 years into it ...not that you have that wonderful relationship from the start. it evolves to the wonderful relationship. i got married with dumb luck on my side and chemistry :) which are the things I think are most important. cause 8 1/2 years into it I think I might be slightly learning to listen to what is coming out of Jason's mouth and he still learning to live with a girl! hows that at too much info?

but you are a catch for sure and think you'd make the best mom and one lucky guy very happy. just as long as you both feel like you are getting a good deal :)

brookeisacrazylady said...

and we are most happiest when we are most self-less, which is why that marriage and kid thing is so helpful to force self-less-ness...even though hawaii might be a tie for first!

okay, now i'll mind my own business.

Steven & Adrienne said...

Wow, Hawaii looks so beautiful. And it looks like a lot of fun to be able to just go and have those great vacations, but I love being married and having kids. And I know you would be the best mom in the world, and it would have to be a very special guy in order to be good enough for you. But you are right, it is a lot of hard work for a marriage, but just look at it this way...you are a lot smarter about how a marriage should work, and a lot more realistic on how a marriage really is then most of these girls who get married (especially all these 19 year olds up here...sorry if this offends any of your readers). So good luck with whatever your adventures are...we love you just the way you are!!

Anonymous said...

Dad wants to know how you got the picture of him on the park bench?
Brian would be happy with Emily asking you if you finished college before getting married.
Mom and Dad