Monday, August 25, 2008

Sharks Cove and PCC




I got up to early this morning, like most mornings and went snorkeling at Shark's Cove (because of the shape not because of the sharks). It was awesome. I loved snorkelingin the cove because I didn't have to worry about waves or drifting too far out. I loved watching all the fishes interact. Afterwards I tried to go to two beaches were the show Lost is filmed and I decided not to trespass.

I stopped by Ted's Sunset Bakery which is famous for it's chocolate haupia (cocnut) pie, picked up a slice for dinner tonight and a malasada (portugese donut)for then.

I saw turtles at Turtle Beach, they weren't on beach just cruizing the water and rocks. It was fun to watch them swim around and get tossed by the surf. A turtle was killed last week and there was a memorial on the beach.

I enjoyed lunch at one of the many shrimp trucks that are famous on the North Shore. It was delicious and I got a side of the sweet corn that was amazing without butter our seasoning.

In the afternoon and walked through the back security gate at the Polynesian Cultural Center (benifit of being a chick and a polynesian was on guard). I was able to walk around and see the demostrations including the canoe show. I was really excited about watching the IMAX movie about the coral reef. It was an amazing show and I purchased the dvd to share with my students. I was so glad that I was able to go and enjoy the environment.

No comments: